Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An Interview with My Life

is the name of my self-portrait.
I like to explore "accidental" choices in these days. A week ago, I grabbed some old issues of Southern Reviews from the library that would otherwise be discarded, flipped trough pages and cut a few sentences and expressions that caught my eye and stored them in a paper bag. This morning I could no more resist to try to draw my self-portrait from a photograph. And when I finished it, it still looked very unfinished. Then I remembered my cut-outs. I emptied the bag on the table and in a while it was all clear...
This is me.

4 comments:

sandy said...

I still want to try a portrait of you one of these days. But I gotta find it again.

Nice job on yours.

Crumpled Paperbirds said...

Sandy, yes!, that would be great..I'm getting artistically fit and would throw myself into portraying you immediatelly, really:). Can you send me a photo of you that you like to my email address: roundedge@email.cz
You can find the pictures of me here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9994490@N07/page2/
Let's do it, let's have a drawing adventure!!:)))

Hugs,
Luu

sandy said...

Hi Luu, Today my grandson is here for his birthday but hopefully tonight I'll get a chance to get on my older laptop and find one.

I started you last night but so far not happy with it.

Crumpled Paperbirds said...

Was busy with moving and jobbing...anyway, Sandy, no hurry, no pressure...though the previous post IS a bit pressing...I tend to get overwhelmed by my emotions but I mean no harm, please ignore this part of me:))
I'm sending hug***